Monday, July 30, 2007

Wow.. another really tough workout tonight! But first, I got an iPod Nano this weekend so that I could spend even more $$$ (fortunately no more than $30) on the Nike+ system. OMG ~ I love it! I calibrated the thing this afternoon and then proceeded to do my first workout. It said I ran 2.01 miles in 23:15. That's a damn sight faster than my normal snail's pace, and I think I'm finally convinced that my treadmill just isn't consistent in its mileage reads. I had the same problems with my Polar 625 footpod showing a faster pace and farther distance than the treadmill did, and now I'm having the same thing happening with the Nike+ system. Each system was calibrated with the treadmill (same incline, yadda, yadda), so while I love my treadmill, I'm not convinced I'm as slow as it thinks I am. I'm going to just go with this new philosophy. :-D

So after the run, I was inspired to call Lisa and request an additional training session since I had sorta kinda paid a bit ahead. Lucky for me, she was available. Let's just say my legs are going to be sore tomorrow! No worries about that, though, as I'm aiming for a 3lb loss this week (not every week, just this week!) and I'll need extra exercise in order to do it.

Oh, and on another note, I did eat well today, which was absolutely necessary after not being as strict as I wanted to be this weekend. It's a new day, and it was a good one. Well, it's the end of this day and I'm off to bed now.

Happy running, cycling, or lifting to you all!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States