Saturday, July 07, 2007

I've been working out with Lisa for just over a month now ~ maybe 6 weeks ~ and I'm feeling much stronger. My weight is still off the charts horrible, but my eating habits have sucked, so it's not a surprise. For ages (read: years) I've taken one appetite suppressant or another. When combined with eating healthy foods and exercising, the results were good. I've tried over the past year or so not to use it any longer, mainly due to the caffeine content, and the result is I'm larger than I want to be. Not only that, I eat when I'm not hungry, and I eat junk food.

It's purely emotional eating; I know this. What I don't understand is how taking app supp's will affect my need to indulge in emotional eating. Why don't I want to do the same when I take them? Regardless, until I get this FOOD BEAST under control, I'm taking them again. This means I'll have to cut out all other caffeine from my diet, but that's okay. I won't need it.

In other news, I really like the new Bally's. I haven't taken the kids yet, but I've become quite familiar with the stairmill, and it's every bit as daunting as the elliptical was when I first tried it years ago. So far, I'm averaging 52 flights in just under 20 minutes, so yes, I'm walking slowwwwwwly. But I'm walking it!

More later...

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States