Sunday, July 22, 2007

Today's workout consisted of 15 minutes on the stairmill, which was intended to be 20 until my left knee starting tweaking on me. No worries, though, because I moved to the elliptical trainer for another 30 minutes and had no problems. Also planning to get in 20 minutes of Pilates. I really enjoy feeling ab muscles working again.

On a different note, on my right foot towards the inside just under the big toe (not sure what it's called) I feel like I have a blister, only I don't. It burns like that, though. What could have happened under the skin to make it feel this way? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm interested to read anyone's thoughts on it. I'm usually barefoot around the house, and I noticed it begin to hurt the longer I was on my feet today. I took Excedrin Migraine ~ it's a wonder drug. I'm sure I'll be fine soon.

Oh, and Lisa called today to say that our neighbor is going to begin joining us for workouts. This will be good for two reasons: first, so that I can get to know my neighbors better (haha!) and second, it's going to decrease my hourly training fee, which will mean either a savings or possibly the potential to move to 3 sessions per week, if Janet wants to do that at some point. For now, 2 is all I can afford without cutting back on other things like food & water. LOL

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Judi. Just found your blog site and enjoy reading it. Seems like you get a lot from your running, and that's what many of us enjoy. I also admire your other forms of fitness, the cycling, etc. I've had some of same non-blister pain you've described--feels like a burning sensation to me, too. I've using s light pumice stone to get the rough skin down to softer tissue, and then I apply skin lub to reduce the friction when I run.

It's fun watching runners/bloggers progress. Good luck continuing with your running goals. ALL FITNESS IS GOOD FITNESS. I post with another running friend, Amy. We discuss everything about running, just fun stuff. We’ll look forward to reading more of your site and following your progress. Keep up the good running and posting! Tom

http://blog.runnerslounge.com

My photo
Katy, TX, United States