Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lisa came over last night for our first official training session. Any doubts I may have entertained about whether a friend would train me as hard as a person I didn't know and just hired out of a gym were entirely alleviated. Not even 20 minutes into it after a set of squats and plyometrics, my head was spinning and I thought I would puke. Fortunately, that didn't actually happen.

What did happen is that I realized how out of shape I've become, which just supports my decision to hire her to train me instead of trying to go it alone. This has the potential to be an excellent investment.

The kids and I are going running/riding tonight. I don't intend for us to go very far at first, but that just means they'll have more time on the swings & slide before we have to go home. Saturday morning I've planned to attend a 90 minute Qigong class, and I'm really excited about that. It's been ages since I've practiced, and I can use the centering it provides.

Must work now..

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States