Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Well, I'm keeping up with my weekly training schedule. It's nothing too ... what's the word I'm looking for? Too ambitious maybe? My goals are reasonable. I'm not trying to break any records ~ good thing, too! I'm simply following the KatyFit plan, and it seems not to be too much of a jump from doing little bits of not much to what I'm doing now.

Nothing is hurting too badly, anyway. Nothing more than my left Achilles' tendon, although I find that icing it after a Saturday run is sufficient to keep it from flaring up too wildly. This getting older business sucks. I suppose it would suck even more if I didn't do anything to try and improve my fitness level.

So, Monday was day 1 of the Hundred Push-Up Challenge for me. O U C H !!! Actually, I did not so great on the initial test, but I was able to complete the full day of pu's without any problems. (I guess that's what happens when you're on the slow/weak person's program!) It's a Mon-Wed-Fri thing, so I look forward to trying this again tomorrow. I could definitely feel a soreness in my chest while I was jogging tonight. That's good, right?

I heard tonight about an alleged hazing incident at a local high school. All I can see is that I don't look forward to my daughter growing up. Too many young girls (not all obviously, but the ones you hear about on the news) have no sense, less class, and a dire need to have their butts whipped. What the hell are they thinking to pee in their undies and put them on someone's head?? Someone you're going to be cheering with all year long. Someone who is likely to be on your shoulders at some point... Someone who could easily have an OOPS! moment in the near future.

Clearly I'm about revenge. It'll be interesting to see how this is managed. The girls are all said to be away at cheer-camp right now, so nothing happens until later. District policy is supposed to specify that anyone participating in "hazing" will be removed from the team and not allowed to participate in other extracurricular activities. hmmmmm I hope that if these girls really did do this that the punishment is applied fairly and not ignored because of *who* they are. (note: I say that without knowing a single thing about who these girls might be.. it's the principle of the thing in my opinion.) I guess we'll see what happens soon enough. Until then, yuck!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States