Friday, July 04, 2008

Today I turtled through the Run Wild 5k at Uptown Park Plaza. Seriously, I wonder if I could have been slower if I tried. I wasn't the slowest person out there, not even in the slowest 20 actually. However, my hr was so flippin' high that I was actually scared at the end. I didn't hurt at all, but I'm not stupid and I know when I need to slow down and get my hr under control.

I wonder if it was because I was dehydrated; I didn't take as much care as I should have to properly hydrate this week. Frankly, I had far too many diet cokes this past week. I also got in little exercise. Joel is home this week, my new manager was in town, and I wanted to spend my evenings with the kids. That all combined to result in no workouts during the week. 6 miles on Saturday, 3 miles on Sunday followed by walking all day at SeaWorld, then nothing until this morning.

It's no wonder I felt horrible.

Tomorrow I meet Tina & Trish early to do another 3 or 4 miles. At least it won't be 100 degrees at 5:30!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States