Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yesterday was a great day. It was a bit too hectic at work, as is normal, and I even had to bring work home, but I didn't let that interfere with other priorities. Other priorities being: 1) eat clean and 2) exercise.

I swear, this is such a huge feat for me that I should make it a public announcement: I ATE ALL OF WHAT I PLANNED TO EAT AND ONLY WHAT I PLANNED TO EAT, AND I DIDN'T BINGE ALL DAY (OR NIGHT)!!!!

Silly? Sure. But a huge accomplishment nonetheless. See, I had this plan to go home and fix salmon and I actually did it. Often in the past, I'd have that plan, get home, realize I had tons of work to do and wanted to carve out time to exercise, so I'd either skip dinner altogether and find myself too exhausted to have a good workout or binge on cheese-its & bbq sauce (yea, weird, but it's my thing) and find myself too queasy to have a good workout. So not only did I fix the planned healthy meal, I was so glad to find out it was quite delicious!

It's been a long time since I've tried to plan my meals and log them and eat according to a 40/40/20 distribution of macronutrients. I seem not to be one of those people who can just make good choices at each meal and have it all balance out at the end of the day. It's safe to say I'm not there yet, although I still remain hopeful.

Today looks to be another good day, even if it will be another long and busy one. More later on an interesting e-mail I received from TrainingPeaks.

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States