Saturday, August 09, 2008

This week was certainly not my best effort. Although effort wasn't the problem as much as being unable to breathe or think due to the cold/fever-ish stuff I picked up at last week's group run. Yuck.

So due to feeling like crap, I did Monday's run r-e-a-l-l-y slowly and skipped Tues & Thurs, did Friday's pushups and Saturday mornings long run. Long, slow run. Very slow and no shame in that!

The pushups were a bigger challenge than I expected. Well, first I still couldn't breathe and had just taken more Advil Cold & Sinus (this stuff workeds, but I still had no energy and was worried about not recovering from whatever it was). But also, it was a total of 47 pushups, I think. That's quite a bit for someone who hasn't done any in months. It felt pretty great to finish and even better to realize that my biceps were twitching for the next 30 minutes. Sort of a "wow ~ I did something!" moment. I loved it!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States