Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yoga rocks.

Went to a fantastic 60 minute class mid-day. I was a bit sore from this week's running and in need of relaxation and stretching, and the class did not disappoint. Lots of static positions, a whole bunch of stretching, and even some visualization thrown in there for good measure. I so enjoy it when the instructor doesn't just approach yoga as an athletic endeavor, but one for the mind, body, and soul.

So what do I do when I feel all rejuvenated and inspired? I rush home after work, feed the kiddos a quick dinner, pile them into the car, and go to Bally's where I proceeded to spend 20 minutes on the StairMaster (not the stepper but the actual stair-climbing torture device) and then 40 minutes on the elliptical machine. It just feels so good to be active again. I know I still have a long way to go, but this is so much better than the whole couch-potato image I was sporting.

yuck. That visual was just icky, wasn't it?

The weight loss effort is going well. I'm down about 15lbs. R E A L L Y S L O W P R O G R E SS but I am happy that the scale is moving in the right direction. It could be a lot worse if I wasn't losing, or gaining. I think it's helpful that I'm attempting to make better choices about food. Instead of just starving myself and then binging on crap, I'm probably half starving myself and then eating healthy foods. It's a start, right?

Occasionally I feel a panic attack coming on when I think about 26.2 miles. At this point, 5 miles seems like a killer. 10 is a "holy shit, how will I do that?!" moment. 26.2????

I am SO going to do this. Not only am I determined, but I'm also excited. I really can't wait! The weight loss will be a perk, not to mention that it will make it easier to finish the run, but beyond that, just running this marathon will be such an accomplishment.

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States