Friday, January 07, 2011

The scale is finally moving but not quickly. I'm okay with that. See, I'm not feeling deprived. I'm not obsessing over food / exercise. And my goal is to lose 60 lbs this year, having lost the first 5 during December. I feel like I'm off to a good start. I'm 5 lbs away from my goal for Feb 1, and I'm confident I'll get there. Also, there's no feeling of "omg - how am I ever going to lose THAT MUCH WEIGHT in this short a time???" Yeah, I've felt that before. There's nothing like a little pressure to send me straight to the chips & salsa bowl!

On to things that are much more fun than the scale..... I had dinner with 2 wonderful friends / former colleagues last night. Lia was in from London and Vero and she had the one night available to see us (busy woman!!) so we all met at Escalantes Town & Country location. Our server was so helpful and friendly, the food was delish (shrimp & veggie fajitas, ff black beans, no rice), and of course the company just couldn't have been better. I don't get out enough for just girlfriend time. I think I'll try for more of that this year. I have wonderful friends and I am always energized after spending time with them - why would I deprive myself ??

Speaking of depriving myself, I'm foregoing my usual morning snack of grilled chicken & veggies or fruit for a new protein bar. Since I'm traveling next week (Denver here I come!) I wanted to test run one of these things before I break it out mid-meeting. Holy f*ck, no one told me it was going to taste like vomit!! Lest ye think I went in blind, I did read the reviews - this is the one that's supposed to taste better than the others. If nothing else, this will teach me not to treat each fueling opportunity as a celebration of food, which is probably what led to my needing to lose 60lbs in the first place. Just think, I used to complain about having to eat chicken more than once a day (it's not my fave food either).

Work beckons... I love my job. Happy running, everyone! I'll be on the treadmill tonight - life is good.

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States