Saturday, October 04, 2008

This has been a crummy week. Last week, Nicholas came down with a horrible tummy thing on Thursday and then Sunday Cindy had it. I stayed home with the kids on Monday, ran very l ittle that night and bam! about 4:30 a.m., I was awake wishing I could die rather than continue the violent retching that had begun. Missed work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday... finally able to eat on Friday and dang it all if I didn't get up and run 13.12 miles with the group this morning.

That's right ~ I did. Those days of purging all the crud from my system actually left me feeling better than I had pre-illness and today's run, while slow, was a good one. My legs are going to hurt so badly tomorrow. Good thing we're not doing much but going to the Texans' game and then home to the Brownie troop meeting.

Life is good again.

1 comment:

Scott Dunlap said...

The stomach virus training plan! Sounds effective, but I'm not sure if I would want to be in your place. That's like doing 1000 sit ups in one night. ;-)

SD

My photo
Katy, TX, United States