Monday, February 19, 2007

Two a Day??

Today turned out to be really nice, despite a small diversion in the form of my doggies busting through our fence and hanging out in the neighbors' backyard with their dog. It's a good thing all the dogs know each other (and the people) or we could have had a problem. My darling rottie looks a bit scarier than she actually is. As it turned out, the female half of the neighbor couple thought the dogs were so cute, she suggested that we get them out together for playdates soon. Too funny!

So, workout stuff... resistance training in the form of the first workout from the Muscle Audio Professor series today at lunch. Nothing too harsh, just upper body (chest/shoulders, lats, biceps, triceps). Tonight after the kids went to bed, I ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill. I still don't get the difference in running outdoors versus on my treadmill. I always heard outdoors was supposed to be tougher. It usually has been for me since I suck at keeping an even pace. BUT, there just has to be something screwy about my treadmill since it thinks I only ran 2.4 miles in 40 minutes. I did a 5k on the track in 39 minutes just a couple weeks ago, so what the heck is wrong with that picture?

This is frustrating; however, I did still enjoy the run. Even if I was slower than I ever thought possible!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States