Sunday, January 28, 2007

Home again...

While I loved the opportunity to see new places, and of course, the work is always challenging, I'm so happy to be home. I really missed the kiddos!! Unfortunately, they've both gotten a bit of a respiratory infection and aren't feeling as well as we'd all like.

So, back to running, which is the whole point of this blog, right? As I posted earlier, I signed up to run the Rockets' Run this coming Saturday, and I've been more than slightly freaked out about running it. Not that I expect phenomenal results from my runs, especially after taking so much time off after my first year of running. But for crying out loud, I do NOT want to be the last person across the finish line! This is probably the whole reason I've never been able to be consistent about running (or anything??)... It's the fear ~ the fear of failure.

Here's where I admit that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. More than a bit, actually. In lieu of coming up short, I have often just opted not to participate in something that probably would have been fun. I'm working to change that this year.

This morning, I got up early and took Molly to the local 1k track and ran/walked 5 laps. The sole motivation was to see if I could do it, and if I could do it in < 40 minutes. To most people, that's nothing much, but considering how slow my treadmill says I run (and I have to assume I do!), this would at least be respectable for me. My time was 39 minutes flat... yes, I can live with that.

Now on to locating a babysitter and finding out where I need to be Saturday morning! Julie isn't going to be able to run again until the end of Feb for the Rodeo Run, but she's said she'll be there to cheer me on. Joel has also said he'll join me, so that will be nice, too.

Off to update logging stuff... have a great weekend!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States