Friday, December 22, 2006

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!


Today ended up as an unplanned *rest* day, as I have open wounds (read: blisters) on each of my feet. I've put some lotion on and are planning to run tomorrow no matter what. I'm sure what did them in today was walking the mall for hours with the kiddos, but we got that Santa picture taken, so it's all worth it, right?


My legs are sore, but more than that, they feel a bit heavy today. It actually feels good to move and know that I've been doing something. I like this feeling. A LOT!
What else?? Well, we've had a blast getting ready for the holidays this year, and I finally got the last of the gifts wrapped. Initially, we wanted to go light on things for the kids since they've each just had birthdays and frankly, received more gifts than even they have time to play with. Somehow it didn't work out that way, and we've overdone it again. It's a good thing they appreciate what they have and aren't little ungrateful buggers! We are very fortunate to have such sweet kids who love to share, and we do recognize that life could be much more difficult if they weren't so easy-going. Don't get me wrong - they're each a handful! But underneath it all, they're sweet, good kids. Yes, I'm biased.

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States