Saturday, December 30, 2006

Day 11

Surprise of all surprises, I actually ran MORE than I was supposed to do today. haha! The cool thing is that I was impressed with the fact that my hr didn't go haywire and that I could have run more. I'm intentionally going slooooooowly (you just don't even want to know how slowly!) and only running the minimum as prescribed by the simplest of programs that I'm using.

Today's workout, for instance: 5 min. warm-up + 3/1 x 5 + cooldown.

Okay, so I remembered the run/walk part wrong and ended up doing 3/1 x 6. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I did it and felt good about it. After that, the kiddos and I did an ab workout and some squats, lunges, planks, and pushups. There was a side plank thing that I found in an old M&F Hers Magazine that I'd wanted to try but was really hesitant because I thought I couldn't do it. I tried it - I did it. Yes, I did! Both sides, and I held the position for the requisite 30 seconds. Go me! (when you run as slowly as I do, you don't get to gloat about much often - this is me gloating - it's not likely to happen again for a while!)

About the Fat Flush, if I had a clue how to link to it when I type the name, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm still blog-challenged for now, but I'll work on it. It's fair to say I'm only doing a modified (i.e., half-assed) version of the Fat Flush because I'm not starting something that I'm not likely to be able to continue when I return to work on Wednesday. For now, I've added the cran-water to my diet, as well as the Long Life Cocktail (surprisingly, this has not made me hurl yet), and other than some odd tummy noises last night, I have no complaints. But God help me if those noises continue. I don't know how long I could stand that.

Goals for 2007. I've been thinking about these lately. I had some great goals for 2006 (www.gojudi.blogspot.com) and except for the ones regarding finishing my MBA, no work at home until after finishing my MBA, and reading to my kiddos more, well, I blew it. All things considered, I think I accomplished what I could. I'm sorry that I let my fitness goals go by the wayside, but we'll call this starting over my penance and enough said about that. Since the school thing is out of the way, and I absolutely will NOT be back in school again unless and until I pursue law school, I can now focus more on fitness. yay!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States