Monday, March 05, 2007

Everyone feels like Lance [with a tailwind]...

This Saturday's ride was 44.5 miles, starting at Cat Springs. It led us along some beautiful country roads with some nice rolling hills. We started at a bit chillier temp than one would have liked, but in August we'll all miss the few days of cooler weather we're experiencing now.

We also began the ride with a tailwind. That's the way to enjoy a ride! You should have seen the folks out there just bearing down and pushing to max speeds they usually see only on downhills. Okay, I admit I was one of them. What can I say - it was fun!

I anticipated a couple of pretty significant downhill bits on the ride; however, if we encountered them, they were completely beyond my notice. I spent so much time focused on the awareness of the hill profile that I consciously chose to cycle slower than normal because I didn't want to end up going much too fast downhill. This led to a realization.

I'm timid. I've always been timid. People who know me say I'm a risk taker. They're wrong. People who know me well know that I'm timid. Or maybe I just am riskier in some areas than others. At any rate, I have a new mantra.

Be Bold.

Timid sucks. It's not fun. It feels old. And I'm not old yet!

No comments:

My photo
Katy, TX, United States